Vendor Management & Compliance Program
USFCR’s Vendor Management & Compliance Program (VMP) ensures that all of your subcontractors are registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) and compliant. To assist you in meeting SBA set-aside goals, the program also gets your subcontractors in compliance for the SD/VOSB, ED/WOSB, HUBZone, and 8(a) certifications if they qualify. The registration and compliance status of subcontractors available online in USFCR’s Advanced Procurement Portal (APP).
Prime Challenges of Subcontractor Management
- Registration in SAM - Leaving your subcontractors to register themselves in SAM can be time consuming and compliance is not guaranteed.
- Meeting Set-Aside Goals - Prime contractors can miss set-aside goals if their subcontractors are qualified but not registered or certified.
- Compliance Penalties - If audited, a prime can face various penalties for subcontracting work to vendors not federally registered.
- Small Business Contracting Plan - Prime contractors can be selected for a subcontracting compliance review and may need a subcontracting plan in order to bid on certain contracts.
- Time and Budget - Managing multiple subcontractors can consume time and resources that can be put to better use.
Learn About Vendor Management & Compliance Program
Watch this short video to learn about the USFCR Vendor Management & Compliance program.
Vendor Management Program Benefits
The goal of the Vendor Management & Compliance Program is to ensure your subcontractors get compliant in the System for Award Management, and stay compliant. The program also qualifies subcontractors for set-aside registrations and certifications, including women and veteran-owned, HUBZone, and the 8(a) Business Development program. Prime contractors are assured that when they are awarded a contract that requires a subcontractor plan or need a small business compliance review, they know the compliance and set-aside status of all of their subcontractors.
Benefits of the Vendor Management Program include:
- Instantly know the SAM compliance and set-aside status of all subcontractors
- Search for new, compliant subcontractors
- Be prepared with a Subcontracting Plan for contracts
- Be prepared for small business compliance reviews
- USFCR verified subcontractors receive a USFCR Verified Vendor seal, which is recognized by federal agencies
- USFCR provides fast and accurate government registration services
Do You Need the Vendor Management Program?
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, the Vendor Management Program can benefit your business.
- Are you a Prime contractor on government contracts?
- Do you bid on or win contacts over $150,000?
- Do you use subcontractors?
- Do you know the SAM and set-aside status of your subcontractors?
- Do you struggle to find qualified subcontractors?
- Are you required to have a Subcontracting Plan in place?
- Are you meeting your goals for small business set aside subcontracting?
- Are you required to file a Service Contract Report to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)?